There's a number of stages to installing your solar thermal system. This short guide will walk you through the process.
Our installation team
By the time you get to the stage of installing your system, you will have met with a member of Solar Kingdom. Our team will ensure everything is done to the highest standard. Our roofing team will handle all aspects of mounting the solar collectors to your roof, and our electrician will deal with any new all the electrical wiring if required. Our heating engineer with deal with all the plumbing side.
How long does installing a system take?
We're normally able to complete your installation within one or two days. When we survey your property we'll be able to determine how long we expect it will take, so you'll know in advance how long the works are likely to take. We will need to turn off your mains water supply for a period, but will not leave you without a supply at the end of the day. We will advise you of any steps you need to take to ensure you have water while we are working.
The installation process
- Erecting Access Equipment. We first put up the necessary equipment to access your roof. This gives us a safe environment to work at height.
- Installing the panels. Next, we fit the collectors to the roof. These are either integrated to the roof or attached with brackets..
- Connecting the collectors to the pump station. Having fitted the collectors onto the roof we can now install and connect the pipe work between them and the pump station.
- Installing the new hot water cylinder. Your old cylinder will be removed and replaced with the new solar cylinder. Existing feeds will be connected. Any redundant pipe work and fittings will be removed. It will also be connected to the pump station and solar controller.
- Filling the System. The pipe work of the solar installation will be filled with circulation fluid and tested.
- Turning on the system. Once all the works are complete we'll turn everything on, commission the system and ensure it is performing correctly.
Throughout your installation, if you've got any questions we'll be available to answer them. We aim to make the process as simple and disruption free as possible, and take care to leave your home as we found it.